Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chocolate Lovers' Series: Peanut Butter Cups


As this series continues, I'll show you how you can combine beautiful color with brown. Many people don't like brown but if it's combined with the right color and used in an innovative way, brown can be a very likable hue.

Now who doesn't like peanut butter cups? I must confess, I did go through a few of these “props” until I got the perfect shot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Not only are these peanut butter cups incredibly delicious but look how beautiful these two colors are! 

How would you use this brown in your home? Wall color? Flooring? Accessories? Well yes to all that but today, I'd like to use it to represent furniture and I'll show you how to get the look in your dining room.


I'm not so concerned with the style of this china cabinet because everyone will like something different but rather to pinpoint the exact wood stain to achieve the look. 

This is a deep, orangey brown wood with both high and lowlights in it. If you look at the post on Mint Chocolate Chip, you'll notice that brown is so dark it's almost black.  This piece has more life with the gold undertones and you can do so much with it. 



To bring in the very rich “peanut butter gold”, I would suggest using cork to incorporate this color in your flooring. Here is an example of a cork (this is the one I have in my house) that captures the right amount of gold without overtaking your room with a strong hue.

Like these Sherwin Williams colors? Try
Cajun Red and Gold Coast






No comments:

Post a Comment